When most people hear the word resin, they immediately think of the three Wise Men in the Bible or the heavily scented Middle Eastern bazaars or the aromatic temples in Asia. While this is a common idea of where these resins can be found, it is becoming more popular in today’s world. We are all trying to create our own Sacred Space in this increasingly busy reality, and resins help bring us back to center.
Resins are the original incense and have been used for thousands of years for a variety of reasons. In Christianity, resins are burned as a symbol of prayer rising to the heavens. In Hinduism, it is used as an offering to Krishna. In Paganism and Wicca, resins are used to create the ideal atmosphere for magickal workings.
Burning resin incense is a mindful practice, that should always be done when you are able to be fully present in this sacred act. It is much like a Japanese tea ceremony, in that the whole process of the ritual is where the magic resides.
There are various types of resins, with different scents and energy outputs. Some are helpful for prayer, others are helpful for relaxation and still others are powerful protection resins.
Here are a few of the most common resins and what they are best used for:
- Frankincense resin – Frankincense resin is known to be one of the most treasured substances on earth. Frankincense has been used for centuries in religious & spiritual ceremonies, as an aid for deepening meditation and for many types of ritual works. It has a wonderful relaxing and calming effect and is beneficial in the relief of stress and anxiety.
- Myrrh resin – This gorgeous incense is known to be a space purifier, amplifies the intention set and raises the vibration during meditation and spell work.
- Copal resin – Copal is used in rituals of purification, consecration, making contact with other planes, and exorcism rites. It is added to love and purification incenses and a piece of Copal can represent the heart in poppets.
- Benzoin resin – Benzoin has been said to aid in bringing about peace of mind, good luck and to purify the home. Generally considered a protective incense against malignant forces, it can be especially useful before and during astral travel to prevent entities from attaching. There is even mention of it in a few of Nostradamus’ works.
- Dragons Blood resin – Said to be extremely powerful in spells of love, protection and sexuality. In Hoodoo and Southern Conjure, it is believed that Dragon’s Blood brings luck in money and love as well as wards off evil. Some believe that burning Dragon’s Blood Resin with Camphor before moving in will cleanse a new home.
Instructions for burning resin incense:
Resins should be burned inside a heat proof vessel (called a censer). Depending on the style of your censer, you may need to add sand to the bottom in order to protect the dish from becoming too hot. Light a charcoal tablet until it is hot throughout and place on top of the sand. Next, add about a teaspoon of resin to the top of the resin. The resin will begin to bubble and melt and the scent will begin to permeate your Sacred Space. This is the time to begin your meditation, prayer or ritual practice. Add more resin to the hot coal until your work is completed.
The beauty of Aura Quartz is hard to resist, with its shimmery ethereal look. Though artificially enhanced by modern techniques, these crystals utilize the ancient powers of alchemy and synergy. By electrostatically bonding precious metals from the Earth onto the surface of natural Clear Quartz points or clusters, a new, unified color layer is created, a permanent blend that intensifies the properties of the original elements, as well as emanating a unique spectrum of subtle energies on its own.
Aura Quartz is known to expand the consciousness and heal the physical and spiritual body with its incredible high vibration. While most practitioners prefer natural, untreated stones for their metaphysical work, many consider Aura Quartz, with its pure components and synergistic energies, to be the exception to the rule.
There a many colors to choose from and we’ve listed just a few of the most popular below:
Angel Aura Quartz – Meditating with this crystal allows one to enter a state of serenity and peace, purification and rest, and to go beyond the body to perceive and receive help from one’s angel guides. Angel Aura assists in remembering lessons from past incarnations and attuning to one’s spiritual purpose. It is a marvelous aid for recognizing beauty, from Nature and Spirit, from within, and in others. It may also be used to align and purify all chakras, allowing for the Rainbow Light Body activation and integration.
Aqua Aura Quartz – It has a high, intense vibration used to enhance other minerals for healing, and a potent stone when used in body layouts for activation of all the chakras. It has a calm, relaxing effect on the emotional body and is exceptional for releasing negativity and stress, soothing and healing the aura. It is particularly stimulating to the Throat Chakra, enhancing one’s ability to express emotions in a constructive, positive manner and encouraging one to speak their truth from the heart. Aqua Aura activates soul energy, freeing one from limitation and creating space for something new.
Purple (or Lavender) Aura Quartz – Purple (or Lavender) Aura Quartz, when used at your Third Eye or Crown Chakras, can bring about feelings of spiritual wholeness. It instills a sense of happiness and joy and enhances stillness during meditation. Giving you a sense of child-like wonder, it is also said that this Aura Quartz connects you with nature spirits and beings of the Faery Realm.
Pink (or Rose) Aura Quartz – Rose Aura Quartz is a powerful healer on a physical, emotional, cellular, multi-dimensional cellular memory, psychological and spiritual level. It is an excellent crystal for working with energy fields, enhancing energy healing and bringing our body into balance. This particular crystal works at a vibrational level that attunes itself to the specific energy requirements of the person needing healing or spiritual work.
If you are a crystal lover, and have never worked with Aura Quartz before, we suggest you give it a try!
Archangels are incredibly powerful beings that are able to assist those of us in the physical world if we are in need of them. Each has a specific “job” and knowing which of these Angels to call upon for what situation can be confusing at times.
It is my strong belief that Archangels should be called upon only in extreme cases (NOT when you have lost your car keys, or want to know the winning numbers for the lottery!). Before asking for help from these Supreme Beings, try communicating with your Spirit Guide(s), Guardian Angel(s), your ancestors or your Higher Self. If after all of this, you are still in desperate need of help, only then call upon the appropriate Archangel.
We will be speaking of a few Archangels and how they can assist us in our time of need.
First up is Archangel Chamuel….
Archangel Chamuel’s name means “he who sees God”. His mission is to bring peace to the world and as such he protects the world from fear, lower vibrations and negative energies. He is believed to have all knowing vision seeing the interconnectedness between all things. Archangel Chamuel assists us in finding the strength and courage to face adversity when it seems we have none left.
Archangel Chamuel can help you find inner peace, as well as help you resolve conflicts with your friends and family. If you want to forgive people who have brought pain to you, or if you want to find and nurture love, He is the one you want to seek help from.
Working on the Pink Ray, Chamuel is all about opening the heart chakra and allowing unconditional love to flow in and out of this energy center. Archangel Chamuel is the Archangel that represents the most powerful, the most pure and the most Holy Flame of Divine Love that exists in the spiritual and material Universe.
As I am writing this, I can feel my heart chakra opening and expanding… a sure sign that this beautiful Being of Light is near.
If you are being guided to communicate with Archangel Chamuel, here are a few ways of setting your intention:
- Use Rose Quartz or any other pink crystal (pink Aura Quartz works very well too) during meditation or breath work. During this time focus your thoughts on Archangel Chamuel, your heart chakra center and the issue you need help with.
- Light an Archangel Chamuel incense stick. This sets the intention for the work you are about to do. Incense smoke is known to carry prayers to the spirit realm and has a powerful effect on the subconscious.
- Light a pink candle in honor of this beautiful archangel.
- Place a few drops of geranium, ginger, neroli or mint pure essential oil (in a carrier oil) on your heart chakra. These are the scents that are associated with Chamuel.
As you begin to communicate with Chamuel more and more, you will find that you begin to see the color pink more often. What a lovely sign that your prayers have been heard and that help is on the way!
Love & Blessings,
Sacred or Ritual bathing is a tradition found throughout the world. The use of water in combination with just the right herbs, minerals, blessings and focused intentions have been with us since ancient times. Blessings, petitions, affirmations or mantras may also be part of your sacred bath. Though sacred baths are taken for a variety of reasons, they usually have something to do with cleansing and purification of the body, mind, and spirit.
Taking a ritual bath is meant to cleanse and protect you spiritually and energetically, thus making it different than a normal bath you might do every day.
When you immerse yourself in a ritual bath, you are participating in an initiation to open yourself up to Spirit. Ritual bathing cleanses you from physical grime and negative spiritual grime, thus purifying both your body and your aura. It is a signal that you are willing to listen to your Higher Self and begin to trust something outside of your rational mind. It indicates that you are open to ask the universe to transform what you believe needs to be changed in yourself.
There are very specific directions to follow in order to maximize the effect of the bath. Do not use any soap, shampoo, or bath oil, as once you step into the water, you are entering a spiritual experience, so it’s important to distinguish regular bathing from ritual bathing.
- Draw your bath.
- Light some candles, so you may call forth your Angels, Guides and other members of your Team of Light. When you are ready to release any negative energy or patterns during your time in the bath, direct the energy into the flame to burn it up.
- Light incense to set the mood of the intention you are setting. The incense smoke will also help to bring your prayers/intentions to the Spirit realm.
- If you choose epsom salt, baking soda, and/or essential oils as bath ingredients, mix them together first before dumping, and dissolving, the mixture in the tub. You can find salts and herbs to purchase here.
- Set your intention of what you want to release and welcome into your cleansing ritual bath, and ask for support towards that outcome. If you are a Reiki practitioner, now is the time to charge your bath with symbols.
- Charge the water with the healing sound of your voice (even if you can’t carry a tune). Our voices are powerful, the vibration from our Throat Chakras are healing. And, whenever we sound and tone from this chakra with intention, it sets the tone of your ceremony, and helps you vibrate more highly. Try starting with a, e, i, o, u sounds, saying “om” a few times, chanting mantras, songs that make you happy, or tones that help you feel connected with yourself, Mother Gaia, and/or Spirit.
- Add crystals to your bath to help boost the vibration of yourself and the water. Choose crystals that resonate with the intention that you are setting for your Sacred bath (Just make sure the crystals you choose like water and are not toxic! Do a little research before placing any in your bath) . You can find a large variety of crystals to choose from here.
- Finish drawing the bath and slowly, with intention, dip your body into it.
- Allow all levels of your physical and energy bodies to drink in the healing goodness for 20-30 minutes! If it feels right, and you are using sprigs of herbs, lightly stroke your skin with the herbs, always going from top to bottom of head, face, arms, legs, etc.
- Do not rinse off! You want to keep the medicine on you for at least 24 hours. Pat down the body, but do not wipe off. Note: if your skin is sensitive, and needs a good rinse after using epsom salt, use less than the recommended amount in the bath. Either that, or opt for another ingredient to include in the bath.
- If you have used any herbs and flowers, gather them and leave them in a bag outside your door, until you’re ready to dispose of them. When you do, dispose of them outside on soil. You can also allow the herbs and flowers to dry and use them as a smudge!
You are now energetically cleansed and ready to head back out into the world! Pay close attention to how you feel just after your Sacred bath. Over time, this feeling will fade as your auric field becomes “dirty” again. That is how you will know that it is time for another Ritual bath.
Lavender has been prized for centuries for its gentle, calming properties. This Lavender milk is the perfect drink to have just before bed. It is aromatic and so very comforting. You will find that after drinking this lovely concoction, you are able to fall asleep quicker, stay asleep longer and awaken feeling refreshed.
And the best part? It’s all natural and good for you!
You can find dried Lavender flowers here.
Agrimony is masculine in nature and according to Nicholas Culpeper is associated with the planet Jupiter, the sign Cancer and is also associated with the element of air.
Agrimony is one of the all-around BEST herbs for general uncrossing work, either used alone or in combination with other herbs.
The plant is also used in protection spells, to help build a psychic shield, to reduce the influence of another’s negativity and to banish negative energies and spirits. It is said to reverse harmful spells cast on you, causing them to rebound on the sender. Use in all protective sachets, spells and medicine bags. It can also be burned in banishing rituals or as a wash to cleanse the aura.
It is especially useful in healing magic as it enhances the strength of all healing spells, especially at a distance. You could use it in a ritual bath before beginning, as a wash for your tools, burn it as an offering or smudge or simply decorate your altar with it.
Agrimony can be added to pillows, or placed under the pillow to ensure a deep, dreamless sleep. This is especially useful for those who are too troubled to sleep properly.