In South America, Palo Santo (or Holy Wood) has been treasured for centuries for its medicinal and spiritual healing properties. Because this wood is believed to be holy, the trees are never cut down. The native people harvest this amazing wood from the naturally occurring dead fall and have replanted more than 40,000 trees to date in the area.
This beautiful wood has been and still is used by shamans, medicine doctors and healers in sacred rituals and ceremonies. It is believed that by burning the wood, it clears negative energy in a space and from the Auric body. It is related to the Frankincense, Myrrh and Copal family, which are all extremely powerful substances.
The smell is amazing and is the reason why more people are finding pleasure in using this wood, in place of white sage or desert sage. The sweet, woodsy scent is not overpowering and is instantly soothing and calming.
Why you should be using Palo Santo
- It is wild harvested and ethically gathered
- Super convenient and quick to use. Just light the end and allow the smoke to do the rest!
- It smells amazing
- Not only is it an energetic cleanser but it has numerous aromatherapy properties, as well as homeopathic benefits
- It produces less smoke than other smudging items, which is a bonus for those with respiratory issues
- One stick will last a very long time
- It raises your vibration ~ which is perfect just before meditation, astral travel, spell work, rituals or ceremonies
If you have never tried smudging with Palo Santo, we can’t impress on you enough how truly amazing this Holy Wood is! The scent is divine, the feeling created is so peaceful and once you try it, you’ll wonder how you ever went without it.
Mark & Laura