Today we are speaking our inner truth, using the Throat Chakra or Vishuddha. This is the first of the three spiritual chakras.
Where is it?
Residing in the throat area, this chakra governs the areas of the throat, mouth, larynx, jaw and neck. Place your hand there now, feel the warmth of this energy as it enters your palm.
How does it affect me?
For many people, this chakra is quite a challenge. The effects of an unbalanced throat chakra can range from sinus issues, being over-talkative, being shy and quiet, always saying yes (even if you really want to say no), lying, verbally abusive to others, lump in the throat, ear problems, tooth and gum issues. We are affected all the time by this chakra and if it is unbalanced, it really can make quite a mess of things. Having a balanced throat chakra will help you to verbally and non-verbally communicate with those around you.
How can I balance it?
- Color therapy – BLUE is the color of this chakra. Wear blue, use a blue pen at work, burn a blue candle. Focus on the color blue- gaze into the blue sky, sit in front of a pond, ocean or river.
- Crystal therapy – Meditate using an aquamarine, blue topaz, blue calcite, turquoise or celestite (this one is our particular favorite because it also allows you to work with Angel energy).
- Essential oils – Lavender, coriander, geranium
- Herbs – Thyme, basil, peppermint, cloves
- Chanting – This chakra resonates to the sound HAM. Say this sound now. Feel it in your mouth, on your lips and tongue.
- Sing – This is our favorite and it really works. Sing… out loud…really loud. You are not trying to impress anyone with your operatic range, that is not what this excercise is for. What you are doing is bringing energy into this region. Energy, movement and flow is key any balanced chakra. So turn up that song and sing!
Our challenge for you today is to really sing. When I feel my throat chakra becoming unbalanced, I turn on my favorite 80’s music (yep, I’m an 80’s girl) and Madonna & I sing our hearts out. Try it… you’ll not only be balancing your throat chakra, but the lower three as well. It’s a win win.
Mark & Laura